Winter in Lawrenceville can be a beautiful sight, complete with snow-covered roads and a cozy atmosphere at home.
However, these freezing temperatures can also take a toll on your house. For your comfort and wallet, it’s imperative to prepare your home for winter and have a company ready for some AC repair in Lawrenceville, GA. This way you can keep your family warm throughout these chilly months.
Ice is Not Nice: Understanding the Damaging Impact of Winter on Your Home
During winter, frozen water in crucial areas of your house often leads to damage. If you’re not properly prepared, this can cause a lot of expensive issues.
- Burst Pipes: When water in pipes freezes, it expands, potentially causing the pipes to burst and lead to significant water damage.
- Frozen or Clogged Gutters: This can lead to water seeping into the house or ice dams, which can cause damage to both the roof and the inside of the home.
- Overworked Heating Systems: With the drop in temperatures, heating systems work overtime and can be prone to breakdowns if you can’t find proper AC repair in Lawrenceville, GA.
- Foundation Cracking: Freezing and thawing cycles can cause soil to expand and contract, leading to cracks in your home’s foundation.
- Roof or Shingle Damage: Heavy winds, hail, or falling debris from winter storms can cause damage to shingles, leading to potential leaks or structural damage to your roof.
By getting your home ready for the winter season, you can avoid these common damages and enjoy a cozy, comfortable winter in Lawrenceville.
7 Tips to Prolong and Care For Your Lawrenceville Home
Here are some steps you can take to prepare your home for the winter season:
1. Insulate Pipes
Insulating pipes in unheated areas such as attics, basements, and crawl spaces can help prevent them from freezing and therefore, causing you an unnecessary headache.
2. Keep Gutters Clean
Before temperatures drop, make sure to clean out gutters and downspouts to prevent clogs and backups.
3. Check Your Roof
Inspect your roof for any potential leaks and replace any damaged shingles before winter sets in. If you’re not comfortable doing it yourself, hire a professional for a reliable job.
4. Seal Windows and Doors
Check for drafts around windows and doors and seal them with weatherstripping or caulk to keep warm air in and cold air out.
5. Schedule a Furnace Tune-Up With Triad Mechanical
Have a professional inspect and tune up your furnace or heating system to ensure it’s running efficiently and safely throughout the winter, and make sure you know who to go to for AC repair in Lawrenceville, GA.
6. Protect Your Pipes
In extremely cold temperatures, open cabinet doors under sinks and let faucets drip slightly to prevent pipes from freezing this season.
7. Consider Alternative Heating Sources
In case of a power outage or furnace breakdown, have alternative heating sources such as space heaters or a fireplace to keep your home warm. Or, find a reliable company like Triad Mechanical that offers 24/7 emergency HVAC services.
Taking the time to prepare your Lawrenceville home for winter can save you from costly damages and ensure a comfortable season for you and your family. By following these tips and enlisting some AC repair in Lawrenceville, GA when needed, you can rest easy knowing that your home is ready for whatever winter may bring.
Triad Mechanical Will Keep Your House Ready for the Chill of Winter
At Triad Mechanical, we understand the importance of keeping your home comfortable and safe throughout the winter season. That’s why we offer a range of services to ensure that you have constant AC repair in Lawrenceville, GA. With our expert technicians and 24/7 emergency HVAC services, you can trust us to keep your home warm all winter long.
Contact us today to schedule a furnace tune-up or any other HVAC services for your home.