Whether you need a new air conditioning system installed or your current unit repaired, you need to find the best air conditioning company in Braselton, GA. If you don’t have a company you currently work with, how do you find a reliable company? Keep reading to learn more about the top qualities to look for in an AC company.
According to the US Energy Information Administration, most Americans can expect higher energy bills this winter when compared to the costs from last year. Although the state of Georgia isn’t known for its long, cold winters, it does receive its share of frozen precipitation and freezing temperatures. A well-maintained and efficient HVAC can keep energy costs lower, and provide increased comfort levels. If you haven’t yet scheduled your HVAC maintenance in Johns Creek, GA, it’s time.
Energy Costs in Georgia
Compared to the other US states, Georgia is fourth when it comes to the cost of electricity, and third highest for overall energy costs. The residential sector accounts for the largest amount of retail electricity sales, according to the US Energy Information Administration. More than half of the state’s residents use electricity for heating their homes.
- By using a programmable thermostat to control heating and air through pre-programmed settings that coordinate with your day-to-day lifestyle, a person can save about $180 per year on energy costs. This technology can be purchased and installed through a local HVAC company in Johns Creek, GA.
- One of the biggest energy wasters in your home could be your heating and cooling ducts. By sealing and insulating them, you can cut down your energy costs by 20 percent or more. HVAC companies can inspect them and determine the best way to insulate and seal your ducts.
- Old, outdated HVAC systems account for thousands of dollars in wasted energy costs and repairs every year. The latest HVAC systems not only provide more efficient heating and cooling, but they also offer the latest technology, such as zone heating and cooling and smart technology. Using multiple, programmable thermostats or a combination of room sensors and a thermostat will provide a more comfortable temperature and lower your yearly energy costs.
New HVAC Technology
The cost of a new HVAC system is an investment, but one that can save money year round. However, an improperly installed system could cost up to 30 percent more in energy costs per year, according to the Department of Energy. Finding the right HVAC installation is key to a long service life and the energy savings you expect. Technology is key to the benefits of the top HVAC systems. Better performance, user-friendly options, and smartphone technology allow you to adapt these systems to your lifestyle and comfort levels in a much more flexible way than traditional HVAC systems.
- Around 41 percent of HVAC distributors say that the eco-friendly technology used in today’s newer systems allow for improved mechanical performance. They’ll also offer a longer service life than older models.
- HVAC industry experts say that by 2019, 75 percent of thermostats will be Wi-Fi enabled.
Trends in the HVAC Industry
In addition to smart technology and zone heating capabilities, there are new trends in the HVAC marketplace.
- Demand for high-efficiency HVAC systems is on the rise and expected to increase each year through 2019 as people learn more about the options available through new HVAC technology.
- Smartphone apps aren’t just for homeowners. Apartment building owners, industrial managers, and retail managers are using smart technology to control energy costs for businesses. Fully automated homes and businesses are becoming a reality.
- Floor heating warms up those cold floors through electric wires or pipes that circulate warm liquid beneath the flooring. Depending on insulation, floor heating can increase heating efficiency by 30 percent.
For more information on our services and options for HVAC heating in Johns Creek, GA, visit our website or call us and schedule an inspection of your current HVAC system.