Ways You Can Keep Warm This Winter Without Touching the Thermostat
We are a HVAC company, it is our priority to properly install and repair HVAC/furnaces when they are not working, damaged or need to be installed into new properties. We are committed to each and everyone of our clients, we are more like family. One way we commit ourselves to our clients is to continue to share ways that will help reduce the stress put on your furnace during Atlanta’s cold winter months. Not to mention we help you save money on your gas/ energy bills. Below are some super simple ways you can stay warm this winter while protecting your furnaces expected lifespan.
Ways you can keep warm this winter without cranking up the thermostat
- Turn on ceiling fans: Did you know that if you turn on your ceiling fans and put them in reverse, it actually pushes the hot air that rises to the top parts of your house and shuffles all that hot air back down. Hot air rises so this one of the biggest reasons that it’s warmer in attics.
- Rearrange your furniture: We all love to redecorate and move our furniture around for a different look from time to time, but it’s important to make sure that your furniture is not blocking ventilation.
- Pile on the blankets: This is the best time to grab those warmer, thicker sheet sets that we pack away during the winter. This will also help to reduce the need to power up your furnace.
- Add more insulation: No, we are not talking about ripping down the dry walls here, rather making your home more insulated to keep heat in. A great way to do this is to open your curtains during the day and close them at night. This will allow the sun to help heat your home during the day and keep that heat inside your home at nighttime when temperatures are their lowest. Many home and business owners don’t realize that up to 10% of their heat can be lost through the flooring. By putting down extra throw rugs or carpeting you can help keep that heat from seeping down into bare floors.
- Breakout the space heaters: Central air and furnaces are a great luxury, but if your goal is to save money this winter and every winter moving forward then it’s imperative that we use alternative methods to stay warm. Another awesome way to stay warm is to utilize your space heaters. Yes, break them out and position them in the best spot in your room to maximize your additional heat.